Concrete mattresses provide a recognised engineering solution for several of the challenges faced
in subsea pipeline construction, umbilical deployment and seabed and soil protection/stabilisation.
They are cost effective and may be readily deployed using standard handling systems.
Typically, concrete mattresses may be used to provide :
• Protection from dropped objects
• Added weight and stabilisation
• Protection from Trawl Boards
• Scour prevention
• Crossover support and separation for pipelines and umbilicals
• Supports or foundations for other subsea activities
• Riverbank erosion control
WT manufacture a range of standard mattresses, but will also design and manufacture mattresses
to a client’s specific requirement. Quality and safety are the key issues in all WT designs and
appropriate safety factors are applied to address lifting and handling in an offshore environment.